Wednesday, May 16, 2007

On music...

Here's the thing about music...It can validate you and your existence. Recently I've had that awesome pleasure to find a song I haven't heard in a long time, and instantly revert to the emotion of a three year old getting a pony for her birthday....I was completely and uncontrollably giddy. I loved it. Only music has that kind of power (sure the pony would have been comparable) but its music that can take our highs even higher....(unfortunately the reverse is also true) I love music...Earth, wind and fire sang out loud....any kind of music. I can recall one of my most perfect evenings...I was in NYC with MAI gurl and we had the immense pleasure of experiencing music, live music, that changed us for the rest of the evening(or shall I say morning). We left floating home...our feet didn't hit the ground all because of music. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, it should be life liberty and the pursuit of good music cause that my friends, is the way to true happiness!

No comments: